Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prayer

When you are around someone for long enough - for instance in a marriage - you know what the other person wants and needs - essentially you know their "will".  One way I feel that we can get to know God's will is through prayer - just spending time with Him - getting to know Him.  Again the relationship should come first.
Currently I am trying to be more intentional about getting back into the habit of praying first thing in the morning before all of the interruptions of work and everything else come into play.  Then also as the last thing before I go to bed.  Whether being "still" with God or going out for a "prayer walk" I have definitely noticed God speaking to me.  I tend to think that God always speaks to us - it is just up to us to listen.

No comments: